Friday, June 09, 2006

Pardon Me for Staring

I really like driving the kids around town. I mean, once you get past the battle for "shotgun" and get everyone loaded and get on the way to whatever destination is on the agenda, it is as though the kids sometimes forget there is an adult in the car. The conversations are quite enlightening if I can resist the urge to chime in and simply listen. The other day we were leaving Dixie (our baseball complex) and I had Michal Kate and Addie in the car. In this particular case they were both in tha back seat talking about some little girl who apparently had a desperate crush on Connor.

Addie said, "She just kept staring at him and staring at him and I told her, 'Stop staring at him!' and she said 'I can't help it' and I said 'Stop staring at him' and she said 'I love his smile' and I said 'Quit staring at him' and she said 'I can't stop' and I said "Stop staring at him. Give up. Just get him out of your mind!"

(Note: I know that was a bit of a run-on sentence, but that's how Addie talks.)

Anyway, it cracked me up so I relayed the conversation to Connor. Suffice it to say, I did not get to see that pretty smile as a response.

No comments: